Thursday, June 19, 2008

How to Get Weight Loss Momentum

By nature I'm a pretty lazy person. By that I simply mean that most of my life I pretty much tend to do as little as possible in order to achieve my desired outcome. And don't worry you don't need to do anything close to this kind of regiment. And as far as the running... Well, I save that for a future article. Here is what you need to know if you ever want to make MAJOR progress effortlessly:

MOMENTUM.

Get it. Do whatever you have to; just find a way to get it. Here's what I want you to know: when you eat junk food, you want more. I'm killed my momentum many uh times by cheating. And in retrospect I can clearly see that it isn't necessarily what you eat that is most damaging. It's the loss of momentum. Now some people just have absolutely no desire for junk food. They say it tastes bad and they would never put in their body...I kind of think of them as "health food evangelists"

Now there's nothing wrong with this. In fact, it's probably a good thing. Good for them. :o) But I've gotta tell you: this certainly isn't me. Now don't get me wrong I genuinely do enjoy the taste of LOTS of natural healthy food. But I also enjoy many foods. And I've found a way to eat a good amount of junk food and stay very lean and energetic. Of course I feed my body premium quality fuel most of the time but I think you know what I mean.

HERE'S THE POINT: You can create momentum in either direction. And crazy as it may sound, you can actually train yourself to want to exercise.You can train yourself to enjoy it. You can train yourself to be addicted to it. Now, please understand this only happens if you exercise correctly. If you go through the motions like 93.7% of people you'll stay stagnant. Let me ask you: What kind of momentum do you have in your life right now? In what direction is it going? Now is a good time to really evaluate what kind of shape you are in... Spring is just beginning and summer will be here before you know it.

The condition of your body will DIRECTLY effect the level to which you are able to enJOY these "warm weather seasons." I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. Here's what you should do immediately: Go look in the mirror. *Take yourself out of your body* and just look at yourself.

Objectively.

Now this isn't a time to beat yourself up or anything like that... Just stand there for a good 2-3 minutes and really evaluate your activity over the past month. *Think.* Really think. What have you been doing? Visualize the exercises you have been doing. See yourself eating the foods you have been eating. What do you see? Reality check: If you continue this behavior, how is your body going to look and feel in in the coming months? If you're making progress then congratulations!

(I know many of you are)

KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING. But here's what I want you to be aware of. I notice that many people have their "little routine" They eat the same thing (that they think is healthy) and they make little change to their exercise regiment (which they think is effective) Do you see what I'm getting at? Bottom line: Step out of your comfort zone and you'll be surprised with the irony of your actions. It becomes easier not harder.

For more powerful and life changing content, visit http://www.LivingLifeLean.com to sign up for a FREE 10 Day eCourse and discover how you too can live in a lean, strong and energetic body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home